Saturday, August 13, 2011

One of the things I wonder if they teach in missionary school is how to do laundry by hand.  I could use some lessons but have gained a few valuable tips from my first experience today for those of you who want to give it a try.  First, in doing laundry by hand, "hand" is the operative word.  Between scrubbing and wringing, your hands definitely get a workout.  But then, so does your back!  Second, do a little every day -- don't save it all for Saturday like I did!  And of course, if Saturday is cloudy like today, you're in trouble.  Since we have a lot of laundry today, if things don't dry before the end of the day, we will have no where to hang them.  And then I need major lessons in stain removal.  Hopefully the sweat is out and the clothes will smell better, but unfortunately some of the stains have taken up permanent residence.  Oh the things we take for granted!  Washers and dryers are a blessing, but today I'm just thanking God for soap and a bucket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment